1. You must be a member of www.PinoyTiangge.com first before you can start joining the auction. So the first step is to register. Registration is very simple and you just need to fill out a form through which you will create a username and password, as well as input some personal information. Once you complete the registration form, make sure you also check your e-Mail and click on the validation link to activate your Pinoy Tiangge account.
2. After activating your account the next step is to purchase some bids. Although you already have 5 free bids upon registrations, getting additional bids will give you more chances to get the item you want without running out of bids at the last minute. Bids come in packs of 20, 100, 250, 500, 1000, 2200 and 3200. The price per bid will depend on the bid pack you choose. The more bids you buy, the more discount you get!
3. You can pay for the Bid Points using any Credit Card or Paypal Account and Cashsense (711 and MLuilier). We will be adding more payment options for the bidpacks soon. Keep in mind that having more bids will put you at a competitive advantage against the other members.
4. After purchasing some bids, you can now join the auction! Pick the item you’re interested in and start bidding!
How does Pinoy Tiangge Work?
After you have registered your account and have bought bid packs, you may start bidding on an item that you like in the auction. Once you’ve placed a bid, the following things will happen:
- The item starts at a price of 1 peso
- The price of the item goes up by 1 Centavo (0.01 peso)
- The timer resets itself to allow other users to place a bid; similar to a physical auction where the host yells: “Going Once, Going Twice… Sold!”
- Once you’re place the bid, you are the highest bidder. If you’re on top when the timer runs out, and nobody else places a bid after you, you win the auction!
During final count down, why does the timer reset when a user bids?
This is equivalent to the Going once… Twice… SOLD procedure of offline auctions. iBid wants to give each customer a chance to participate in an auction.
What is a countdown timer (15 seconds, 10 seconds, etc)?
A countdown timer is used at the end of an auction’s time limit.
For example, if the auction has a 15 second timer, any time that someone bids before the final countdown 15 seconds until…Going..Going…Gone, the timer will reset to 15 seconds and start counting down again.
If the auction has a 20 second timer, the auction will reset to 20 seconds whenever a new bid is placed before the final countdown.
If I win the auction, what will I do?
Once you’ve won an auction, the next step is to claim and pay for your item. Simply click on the “CLAIM” button and follow the instructions to submit your payment for the auction.As soon as payment has been made, a confirmation e-mail will be sent to you and we will start the process to have your item shipped directly to your door.
Auction wins should be claimed and paid for within 72 hours starting from the time the auction ended. As soon as you’ve won an auction, claim and pay for it right away!
Do I need PayPal or a Credit Card?
You can also buy bids and pay for auction items you’ve won with cash thru CashSense (thru 7-11 and M.Lhuillier outlets). We will soon be adding additional payment options to make it easier for you to buy bids.
I’m having problems with 711 and MLuillier, they won’t accept my payment, what do I need to do?
In case of difficulties (or if the cashier is unaware) request cashier:
7-Eleven: to contact ECPay 02-4216032 to 35
MLhuillier: to contact FSD 032-4166550
I’m having difficulty accessing the Pinoy Tiangge section.
To ensure a smooth and hassle-free bidding, we recommend the following:
1. Login and enter the auction before the last 1 minute as most users are already watching and viewing the game. The more users watching and bidding on the last 1 minute, the more you will take time to view the last 30 seconds of the game.
2. Try to double click to make sure your bid counts. Sometimes, there are network delays and latency in ISP of different computers. Don't worry, you will not be deducted twice as there would be notification just in case you are already the highest bidder. In case, which will not happen that you have been deducted twice for clicking twice, let us know so that we can refund your bid points.
3. Do not refresh! You might have less chances of winning the bid.